Slow Agency brings you this special episode where colleagues Stacia Morosky-Rigney and Graham Stowe share the practical writing center advice they give the CWCAB blog readers in their blog series “Dear CWCAB”. Today’s episode is based on the May 2022 DearCWCAB article. The article was responding to a question about WAC and WID. Stacia explains WAC and WID before giving 5 tips:
- Tip 1: Train your tutors to ask questions when they do not understand the expectations and conventions of their writer’s disciplines.
- Tip 2: Encourage your tutors to have confidence that they can help.
- Tip 3: Don’t reinvent the wheel.
- Tip 4: Market to the disciplines.
- Tip 5: Partner with faculty and staff across disciplines.
For more information about Dear CWCAB, visit wlnjournal.org/blog. If you have a question you would like Stacia and Graham to answer, please email us.