We hope you will join us in October for a webinar on racial justice in online writing center work:
In this webinar, Zandra will share ways that her identity informs her ethics and invite participants to explore their own values and the commitments that shape the identities of their writing centers. Rather than a one-size-fits-all approach to promoting racial justice through writing center practice, the webinar will stress that by examining our shared commitments and values, we can think through our individual contexts and determine strategies for action.
Webinar participants will:
- Inquire about their ethics and values around antiracism and racial justice
- Recognize that neither asynchronous nor synchronous online writing center interactions are neutral
- Reflect on how attitudes around race and difference are encoded into the language we use when giving verbal and written feedback
- Acknowledge the unique challenges with and opportunities for racial justice in an online writing center
- Tailor an ethic of racial justice to their particular contexts