We are creating a series of videos of tutors and writing center staff that showcase how the writing center community is staying resilient, hopeful, and taking care of one another during these unprecedented times. We’d love for you to join us! To do so:
- Choose ONE of these prompts:
- What is inspiring you lately?
- What is one recent act of kindness you have done or received?
- How is writing or working with writers keeping you going these days?
- Record a 20-30 second “selfie” video (landscape) OR write a 250 word response with a related photo. (You could also write a few words on a piece of paper/card and hold it up for the camera as a photo or video). We also welcome submissions in other languages besides English!
- Email your video OR note and photo to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes:
- Your full name
- Your institution
- Your writing center position
Please send your video OR note and photo by Friday, May 22nd. Once we receive a good number, we will post them here!
And finally, something to brighten your day, please enjoy: Jane Hirshfield’s poem, “Optimism.”
Jane Hirshfield, “Optimism”. Vimeo, uploaded by Kelli Anderson, 19 April 2018, https://vimeo.com/kellianderson/optimism