Karen-Elizabeth Moroski is the Co-Curricular Programs Coordinator, Writing and Languages at Pennsylvania State University
There’s so much joy in our work: Why not share it?
#WCjoy is a brand-new, bi-weekly twitter chat (Thursdays, 8 PM, EST), wherein WPAs, tutors, composition instructors, writers, etc. are invited to share their anecdotes, quotes, memories and various ways of expressing the joy we find in Writing Center work.
There are two goals for the chat:
- The #wcjoy chat seeks to create an informal but still organized space for WPAs to meet, make friends, and experience a positive sense of community together. Follow others from the chat! Make friends! We are, quite literally, here for that reason.
- The #wcjoy chat seeks to encourage WPAs, etc. to carve time out of their busy workweeks for mindfulness and reflection on the very moments and people who make our work so wonderful. This type of attention fosters gratitude, and gratitude in turn fosters joy.
Here’s how it works.
- Each bi-weekly session, questions will be posted to Write Centered Monday of that week.
- At 8:00PM on Thursday, @write_centered will tweet out a welcome.
- Follow the Chat Norms below for the rest.
- Follow the moderator (@write_centered)
- Questions are tweeted out with “Q” and question number.
- Responses should start with “A” and corresponding Q# at the start of your tweet
- Always use the hashtag #wcjoy to keep us organized!
- Kindness and respect, always.
- Users who attack or harm others will be blocked by participants.
- Use the #wcjoy tag OFTEN and WELL! No need to reserve use for just the chat.
- If you can’t attend the chat on time but want to answer questions, that’s totally cool. Just follow the chat norms, so we can still trace where you’re coming from and where you’re headed in your replies.